The Transport management system is designed to automate the form workflow end-to-end
The scope of the project is therefore to provide an application that will enable the Base Office to
These steps effectively improve the overall performance of the JMC City wide. In addition to this, the application will provide the users within the department to enquire about the status of forms based on various criteria and related information through web-based queries.
The Key components of the system scope in the Product fleet management are as follows:
1) Masters: Masters include Company Master, Branch Master, City Master, General Master, Group Master, Sub Group Master, Item, Product Master, Make Master, Part Master, Order Type Master, Payment Terms, Delivery Master, Customer Category Master, Part Type Master, Type Master, Sales Part Rate Master, Maintenance Schedule Master, Depot Master, Fleet Master, Set Driver Route, Route Master, Transmission Master, Engine Master.
2) Supply Chain Management: Inventory Management, Stock Management, OEM Warranty, Vendor management.
3) Workshop and Call Centre: Job Card, Packing Slips, Breakdown reporting, Scheduled maintenance roster, VOR, Material requisition & Issue, Call Register, Pending and Completed Calls, SMS search, KIT Assembly and disassembly, (One to many and Many to one) Intra and Inter Fleet parts tracking, Warranty, Scrap management.
4) Depot Management: Duty Roster, Budget Management, Overtime scheduler, Contract Management, Charting, Legal, Maintenance management, Daily Roster.
5) Finance Management: Chart of Accounts, Tax Mappings, Bank/Cash Mapping, Sales / Purchase, Various Ledgers, Bank books, Cash Books, Reconciliations, Knock Offs, Debit/Credit Notes, JV (Automated and Manual), MIS ( 12 reports), Trial Balance, Balance sheet, P&L, Statutory.
6) Reports: Operating Cost, Sectional Consumption, Driver Reports, Circle Duty, Transfer Duty, Overtime, Charting, Fuel consumption, Arrival – departure, Analytics (5 reports).
7) Integrations (IoT): GPS / VM Units on Fleets, Active RFID at Depots, Fuel Sensors, GeoFencing, Bar Code Scanner, Document Scanner.
The current manual system envisages different types of reports. These ATR’s can be engineered back into the system to give out the necessary outputs and reporting that the JMC Office needs to present to the Government and the Higher Authority.
Reports required in transport management
1)Number of Fleets deployed on a daily basis.
2)Number of unfit fleets registered on a daily basis.
3)Area wise detainment of fleets, pending actions, closed cases/Job Cards
4)Maintenance Costs, Spare Part Issuance.
5)Purchase Streaming, Store Process Alignment compared to Revenue Generation.
6)Fleet management History and Driver – Conductor Records.
7)Operating Costs – Driver Wise, Fleet Wise, Route Wise Cost per Fleet.
8)Sectional Consumption – Route Wise, Driver Wise, Fleet Wise
9)Spare Parts Tracking - Fleet, Driver, Depot, Warranty, Scrap, and scrap wise
10)Online transport management Tracking –
11)Online Tracking of Locations – Real Time Online Tracking on the roads
Customization:- Customizing to accommodate additional requirements from the JMC should be possible at a later stage if required.
Reports: - A total of 25 reports as mentioned above shall be generated from the system and facility of direct emails of these reports shall be made available in the transport management system.
Transport/ Fleet management Envisaged Benefits
The Transport Management system, also known as Fleet Management system, creates a mobile system that connects the Government directly to the safety of the general public integrated, controlled and monitored by the backend office. In turn, this type of software improves Passenger Safety and Road Traffic safety, enhances customer service, automates paper processes, assists with regulatory compliance, reduces human error, and increases Revenue. In this field, proper scheduling of Field Officers, while maintaining an acceptable level of customer service or public acceptance, is often most important, because it determines, how effective fleet management service will become.